What’s the difference between day and night creams? You need to separate them because they have different roles. A day cream is going to protect your skin while a night cream will be able to repair it. Let’s find out the benefits of a day cream.
The day cream
During the day, the skin is exposed to many environmental factors such as pollution, cold, sun and ambient dust. The day cream will cope with these elements protecting the skin. At the same time, the light film left by the cream maintains an optimal moisture level.
If you don’t use a moisturizer the skin becomes rough, looses its smoothness and ages faster.
Choosing the right cream
You choose it according your skin type :
- Normal/dry skins will use a liquid cream or a cream formula,
- dry and mature skins a richer cream,
- combination and oily skins a light cream or a gel,
- sensitive skins will adopt an hypoallergenic cream.
The right cream must be confortable all day long. Your skin must be velvety but without any shiny aspect.
How to apply it?
Dispense a pea-sized amount of cream on your palms to warm it and then distribute the product on your face, neck and cleavage.
Various range of creams
- Tinted moisturizes hydrate and give a nice colour to your complexion. It is ideal for active women who do not use a foundation,
- some moisturizers contain antiaging ingredients such as vitamin C, A, E, retinol and also antioxydant ingredients (green tea, grape seeds …)
- some day creams contain an SPF to protect from UVA/UVB and you can also find pollution-blocking moisturizers especially for people living in urban areas.
A day cream is essential to keep a moisturized, soft and healthy skin. It is also a base to wear under your make up.